OUR ROLES IN WORKING TOGETHER
As your primary care provider, I will:
· Learn about you, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. I will remember these and your health history every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
· Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your all-around well-being.
· Keep you up-to-date on all your vaccines and preventive screening tests.
· Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc.) and coordinate your care with them as your health needs change.
· Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
· Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
· Communicate clearly with you so you understand your condition(s) and all your options.
· Listen to your questions and feelings. I will respond promptly to you – and your calls – in a way you understand.
· Help you make the best decisions for your care.
· Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
· Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
· Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you’re using, and questions you may have.
· Let us know when you see other health care providers so we can help coordinate the best care for you.
· Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
· Understand your health condition: ask questions about your care and tell us when you don’t understand something.
· Learn about your condition(s) and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
· Follow the plan that we have agreed is best for your health.
· Take medications as prescribed.
· Call if you do not receive your test results within two weeks.
· Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
· If possible, contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can care for you.
· Agree that all health care providers in my care team will receive all information related to your health care.
· Learn about your health insurance coverage and contact your insurance if you have any questions about your benefits.
· Pay your share of any fees.
· Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.